It's a lovely grey Tuesday here, and I'm snuggled on a bench outside in a wooly jumper, drinking a hot chocolate, listening to the birds and the shake of the trees and, obviously, writing up a new blog post. As it's Tuesday, today is the day for a book-related post! So here I have a quick overview of a few books that I'm currently reading.
Fast Fiction by Denise Jaden
I've mentioned this book a few times before, and for good reason! It's written specifically for NaNoWriMo and writing a novel in 30 days, but it's jam packed with loads of writing tips, tricks and magic suitable for any sort of writing. The first half takes you step by step through planning your novel. The second half has thirty chapters, one for every day of NaNoWriMo with inspiration for that adventure of writing.
I'm reading it for the second or third time now to help prepare for Camp NaNoWriMo next month, having also used it for reference many a time. Definitely worth a read!
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
I'm sure you've seen this one around. It's a well known classic. I'm reading this book with a few others of my family members, and we sit and discuss it every two weeks. It's painful this way as I have to hold of from reading it all in just a week! But so far I'm enjoying it. Harper Lee deserves the fame - if you take the time to notice the small, discreet details and bits that she's sneaked in, you'll really come to admire her.
Captivating, by John and Stacy Eldredge
This one, I'm not enjoying as much. I read it after it was highly recommended to me by a friend at Church, though I can't say I'm liking it as much as I thought I would! 'tis good, I'll give you that, but not rave-worthy so far. Do keep in mind however, that I haven't yet read enough to give it a proper criticism.
The Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien
This one, again, I'm sure you've heard of! It's taking me a while to get through, but as everyone says - it's pretty epic. There are times that I struggle to push through, but once I really get into it it's great!
Seize the Story by Victoria Hanley
I haven't read a whole lot of this one either, but am liking what I've seen so far.
Gosh it's getting really cold out here, I think I'll have to go back inside...
I hope you enjoyed this little peek into what I'm reading at the moment :)
What books are you currently reading? Any books you'd recommend that I read? Are you participating in Camp NaNoWriMo this July?





No comments:
Post a Comment