![]() |
| image from pexels.com |
The last year or two I barely wore a skirt once. It's kinda a rare thing for me, but lately I've been trying them out again. I bought a new one that I rather like. It's a white and navy blue striped, and it's ankle length; a maxi. The fabric is really soft and the elastic oh-so-stretchy. It's from Jeans West, and I really like it because it's easy to dress up or down. Since purchasing that (with the help of a voucher from Grandparents for Christmas. thanks to them!), I've been wearing my other few skirts a little more often and I can see myself becoming more of a skirt person during the warmer weather! I don't really like shorts, and it just gets too hot for jeans.
On another note, I'm really excited for next week - Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, I have a writers course. I went to the last one that they had, last year in July, and I'm really looking forward to this next one! It was such a nice atmosphere, being a homeschooler, to be sitting at a table with heaps of other amazing and talented writers my age, writing and learning how to write together! It was also great to be in the City - I just love the feeling of the busyness and the rushing around and large crowds of people that there is there. I'm naturally a shy person and tend to shrink away from people... but I love the chatter that there is there!
I'm really keen to improve my writing and do it everyday. I promise you - one day I'll be posting about my newly published novel! Haha... one day :P
Well, without wanting to brag, I have to say that I'm really very talented at mindless chatter! I'm simply amazing and straying from the main point and rattling on, haha! I'll not take up any more of your time, and get onto the good stuff.
Over my birthday, Christmas and a little bit of splurging, I've started to collect up a few new favourite products. I wanted to show you a few of them! I'm really enjoying the lot of them.
The Lunar Chronicles
Palmers Lip Balm
I really don't think I need to say much more than this; it smells like cocoa butter.
If you're not sold already, it's really nourishing and soothing for your lips. I have really sensitive skin, so for this to work on me, I know it's good! It's perfect to just throw in my bag for when I have dry lips (which is often for me). It's also nice to use to kinda mask bad breath if you find yourself with that problem.
I can't say that it's the most natural of products, which is unfortunate, but it's good enough.
Coconut Oil
I could rave about it for ages... it's an all natural product that works wonders for your skin, eyelash, eyebrow and hair growth, and is great for cooking. It's such a versatile product. I've been using it for ages now, putting it on my eyes every night before bed, as well as during the day. I've noticed a big change in my eyelashes, they're much thicker and longer. This is also because I've cut down on my mascara - I used to wear it most days, but I've made the effort not to wear it much at all. I still like to wear it, and that's most of the makeup I use, but even with the natural mascaras that I buy, it does dry out my eyes and it's better to cut down when you can. And coconut oil has been making it easier to go without, because my eyelashes are more naturally thick and long!
Also, like I said, I have really dry skin, so this works great for my skin which happens to have gotten overly dry just the last day or two.
Macbook Air
If you have a bit of money to spend, and are looking for a new laptop - get a Macbook :P I don't care if it's an Air or a Pro, but Apple simply rocks. I could write a whole essay arguing why Apple is the best brand for technology, but I'll save that for another time :P I recently saved enough to purchase a Macbook Air, after having wanted one for years and years. It's just what I had expected; clean and easy to use, fast, portable, light and thin and so darn pretty! I'm always impressed with Apple and will never stray from them. I just can't stand any phone or tablet that isn't made by Apple, and laptops or desktops will never match up. I'm very happy with my new laptop and love using it. It makes blogging, designing, writing - everything! - a much more enjoyable experience.
Crop Concealer - Light
Well, I currently cannot find this thing anywhere. I took it outside to take this photo, used it that afternoon, and haven't found it since! I'm really quite disappointed, because it was clearly good enough to be a favourite.
I like that it goes on so easily, directly where you need it, smoothly. I don't typically wear a lot of makeup, but when I do, I always use concealer on my under eye dark circles. I just like to lighten them a bit. This concealer was nice for my skin tone (I've another concealer that is an even better tone, however), and I just liked that it was so nice and easy to apply, while being natural and pretty affordable. I just found it at the supermarket (Coles), too! It was $16AUD, and should last a long while, being a pencil. That is, if I hadn't lost it :P I'm really hoping that I can find it, because I don't want to buy another...
Iron Man 3
T2 Iced Tea
Mum and I went shopping the other week, and we were a little naughty... and ventured into the T2 store. We had a try of some of their iced teas that were being sampled, and Mum bought a few. We brew the tea overnight, and then put the jug into the fridge in the morning for a nice refreshing drink during the day! It's really delicious and so cool and refreshing. My favourite flavour of the few that she bought is the Red, Green and Dreamy. They had it for sampling the day we went into the store, and while they had it with a sugar as well, it tastes fine on it's own, which is of course a healthier option.
There you go, a few of my favourite things at the moment. Let me know of some of your favourites down below; I'd love to hear them!
Charlie xx





No comments:
Post a Comment