Pages

January 07, 2016


I've mentioned how excited I was for the new year a couple of times now, and have suggested that you write down a few goals. Well, perhaps you're curious to hear some of my own resolutions in more detail?


> Be More Active
I try to go for a walk every morning, taking along Polly, my dog. I usually try to run, but she is never quite as keen and wants me to slow down!
I feel like going for a walk first thing in the morning helps to wake you up, and it gives you a bit of time to get in touch with yourself. The quiet of the early morning can be amazing for your peace of mind. It also keeps you in shape, of course!

>Improve Etsy + Blog
Notice that I've been posting here a little more? You guessed it - I've been putting in more effort to take time for my blog! I'm having fun drawing and playing around with graphics and designs. (I'm currently working on some good Social Media Icons. You'd be surprised at how much trouble I've gone to get these looking decent (I hope) :P)
I'm also planning to take my Etsy store more seriously, and really get that running.

>Have Courage and Be Kind
Yes, I was inspired by the new-ish Cinderella movie :P I just feel like it's a good goal to have each day.

>Study Hard
I want this year to be a year of much learning! I'm going to make a big effort with my studies and really dive deep into as much as possible.

>Eat Healthier
I've never been a terribly unhealthy eater, but there is certainly room to grow here. I have a big soft spot for ice-cream... it's really hard to say no to a scoop or two! I want to learn not to be a slave to my tastebuds.

>Pray More + Read the Bible Every Day
My faith is something I really want to improve. I call myself a Catholic, but I'm afraid I'm a really terrible one. This is something I want to change; I want to have a much better relationship with God this year.

>Get up Earlier
So far, so good! My goal is to get up at 6:30 every morning, and go for a walk/jog as I mentioned before. It gets my day started so much better, and I gain at least an hour or two of a day!

>Read More Books
2015 was a terrible year of reading! I barely finished any books at all, and I'm really disappointed in that. This year I'm determined to put aside more time for reading. Less time sitting on my phone, more time reading.

>Drink more Water
A lot of people don't drink enough water, and I'm one of them! Water is so good for you; it boosts your metabolism, keeps your skin healthy, keeps your overall health in check, gives you energy... the list goes on.

That's my list so far - I'm sure it will grow over the year as I add more goals and plans! I'm really excited to make 2016 my best year yet, and hope you are too!

Charlie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment