Today I'm joining in with The Broke and Bookish's Top Ten Tuesday - top ten books on my autumn to be read list.
It was originally spring, but as I live in Australia - I've switched it over to the appropriate season.
I always have lots of books to be read - and as I've been going to the library every week lately, I've got quite a collection going!
1. Prisoner of Night and Fog
I found this one at the library - and at first the cover didn't even appeal to me. Usually I wouldn't have picked it up, but it just seemed to be calling me! Ever had that? Well I'm really glad I looked at it - because it's set in World War 2 - my favourite! It looks fantastic and I can't wait to dive in.
2. Intruder
Another from the library. The summary simply appealed to me, and so far (I have started and read a few chapters) it seems to be good. The text is slightly larger than my usual books, so it should be a quick read.
3. Picture Perfect Social Media
My friend Sophie, from over at The Techno Maid wrote a blog post about this one, so I knew it would be awesome. I borrowed it from the library (surprise surprise!) and plan to read it cover to cover. So far from just flicking through it, it looks really good.
4. Captivating
An awesome lady from Church lent me this, and I can't wait to read it. She thought it was amazing, and I trust her judgement - so it should be great!
5. The Lord of the Rings
What? I haven't read it yet? I know guys. Shock horror. I haven't read the lord of the rings. Or watched the movies, for that matter. I will watch the movies after reading the books, and plan to read them ASAP.
6. Fast Fiction
I've already read this once, and I'm telling you - it. is. the. best.
It really is the most helpful writing book you will ever encounter. If you're a writer - you simply must read it.
7. Living Through WW1
I'm going to read this A. because I like researching the two major world wars and B. because it's good inspiration for the novel I'm trying to write.
8. Seize the Story
I got this for Christmas, and honestly forgot about it. I put it on the shelf when we moved house, too busy to think about it, and then just... forgot. But as I was looking again today, I rediscovered it and have now added it to my list.
9. Mystic City
Another book borrowed from the library. I got this one mostly because of how much I loved the cover. So beautiful! The book does sound interesting though, so hopefully this will be a good read.
10. SEND
This is not the sort of book that I would pick up, but while browsing the - you guessed it - library, I thought it would be worthwhile. Hopefully I was right!
**23/03/15 extra note: I started reading this and was disgusted by the amount of swearing. Seemed to be a good storyline, but the swearing and a few other things that went against my Catholic beliefs made me put it down. Just a warning :)
**23/03/15 extra note: I started reading this and was disgusted by the amount of swearing. Seemed to be a good storyline, but the swearing and a few other things that went against my Catholic beliefs made me put it down. Just a warning :)
Do you have any books that you're looking forward to reading? Do you go to the library often? What are your favourite kinds of books? Have you read any recently that you loved?
















Picture Perfect Social Media is an amazing book. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun looking through it. I sure did! The photos in it are beautiful, aren't they?
ReplyDeleteI have something to confess, I haven't finished reading Lord of the Rings. I read the Hobbit and got halfway through the Fellowship of the Ring when I got distracted. I'm going to pick it up again now and finish it off. Thank you for reminding me.
Yes the photos in it certainly are! They alone have inspired me a lot.
DeleteI'm glad I'm not the only one! I listened to the Hobbit on audio book once, and tried reading it as a book last year but couldn't get into it. I'm now listening to it again on audio, and I'll start LOTR soon, hopefully.
Charlie xx
I've never heard of any of these books, I'm going to have to look them up at he library!
ReplyDeleteWould you like to join my Friday blog hop? All you need to do is post a photo and a short description of what you're reading. If you would like to join, then follow the link: http://bethanyelizabethleach.blogspot.com.au/2015/03/friday-readers-blog-hop.html
Beth
xoxo
Bethany, thanks! I would love to join in - it's such a fantastic idea.
DeleteCharlie xx