This year is flying! I can't believe we're in June already. May was a pretty productive month, I would say! I've certainly gotten healthier and stronger through habits that were created and through things that I discovered - and of course through the cooking skills I have picked up. I did quite a bit of cooking and baking in May and I'm excited to continue learning and experimenting in this area. You may already know that I was never much of a chef, and while I still wouldn't call myself one, I'm finally able to say that I enjoy cooking and baking! I think that most of the trouble was that I wasn't very good at it. I could certainly cook a basic meal, but I often messed up and did something wrong and the frustrations from that were enough to completely put me off using the kitchen. Since around about the beginning of this year though, I decided to experiment in the kitchen a little more and teach myself to cook properly. I wanted to create delicious food that was completely healthy and nourishing. Since putting my mind to it, I've really improved. The biggest thing that's really changed - if not the only thing - is that I'm enjoying it more. I don't dread my dinner nights any more - sometimes I do extra! I'm kind of excited about that :P
I thought that to start off the month of June I would bring together a few of my favourite recipes that I found and tried in May. Most of these are so easy you barely need the recipe, so I think you're going to like them!
Let's go!
This is quite possibly the easiest dinner to make. Ever.
Seriously, all you do is cut the chicken, put it in a dish, cover it with basil pesto, sliced tomato and cheese and then cook until ready.
That simple :P And it's so delicious. You get a nutty crunch from the pesto, and delicious juiciness from the tomato, as well as crispy cheese. Ugh, so good.
This is very true to it's name! And because we roast the pumpkin, it's such a delicious - and filling - meal. I like to make this on Monday so that I can have it as lunch for the next 2-4 days.
You'll have to download Damon's free ebook for this one - which I know isn't 100% convenient but I couldn't leave this out! Just scroll to the bottom of the 'That Sugar Film' web page and enter your email address where required. Your ebook won't be far behind!
This was a bit of an experiment - I wasn't sure how many people in the family would like the quinoa and broccoli... But it turned out to be quite a hit! I really enjoyed it, and surprisingly so did Mum, Dad, and a handful of the kids.
Very easy to make, the chicken was cooked perfectly tender and the broccoli was a lovely touch of green. I served it up with some sweet potato wedges.
Again, these are incredibly easy and delicious! And so healthy that you could eat them for breakfast. They're really quick too, all there is to do is mix together the ingredients and bake them for only about 10 minutes. Beware of how long you cook these for - they're not very tasty if you burn them and it doesn't take long!
I know that this is my own recipe, but I make these quite often. They're so easy to whip up for breakfast or lunch. I haven't even had any parsnip in the house and have just been grating up the sweet potato and potato.
It's so tasty, and perfect plated up with a handful of fresh baby spinach, tomato and avocado.
I hope you give one or all of these recipes a try - trust me, they all taste amazing!
God bless,
Charlie xx










No comments:
Post a Comment